ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Online shopping expert and style guru Michelle Madhok is the founder and CEO of SHEFINDS MEDIA, the company behind shefinds.com and the sites momfinds.com and bridefinds.com. She provides online shopping tips on behalf of Bank of America and PayPal and has appeared on The Martha Stewart Show, the Today show, and Good Morning America, among others. Madhok has been featured in Woman’s Day, the Wall Street Journal, the Chicago Tribune, the New York Times, and New York Daily News.
PARTICULARS OF THE BOOK :
Published by: Harlequin
Author: Michelle Madhok
More By This Author: Madhok
THE BOOKISH DAME REVIEWS :
Michelle Madhok and Eileen Conlan are editors and writers, experts from SheFinds media for women execs, brides and moms and all around fashionable women! Who wouldn't want them dressing you?
They are mavens of clothing and dressing other people as well as themselves. This fabulous book is a reference guide and closet "helper" for women. Stand in line, ladies, this is one of the best books I've ever read on the subject!
There's much to be learned in this volume, so I'm going to summarize in a nutshell just to whet your appetite.
There are 5 Fashion Commands to Live By....did you know this? Here they are:
1) The right fit flatters
2) Style and trends are not mutually exclusive
3) When in doubt, buy a dress!
4) Your personal style is your calling card
5) Browse often, buy sparingly
And here are some more Stylish Tips I learned about from these divas of dressing:
1) Jewelry selecting for body and face types
2) Foundations are "foundational"
3) Checking out seasonal sales
4) Where to buy luxury clothing and accessories at discount prices...consignments, outlets and online shopping!!
5) Business dressing...the whole nine yards and every occasion
6) Seasonal wardrobes demystified
7) Travel attire
8) Holiday and special occasion wear
This is a book that keeps on giving. I thought the suggestions and solutions to major wardrobe questions were timeless.
A great gift idea for the upcoming holidays, this book is one every woman could use on a closet shelf!
4 stars Deborah/TheBookishDame